Nicotine Free, Day 3


So, My Boerewors and I quit smoking on the 2nd of January and its Day 3 without nicotine.

I must say, for me, its easier than I thought because I did stop smoking with both my pregnancies and I was a wee bit stupid, okay, a lot stupid to start up again. 

But I enjoy smoking, yes its true and most smokers will tell you the same thing.  I miss the whole process of lighting up. 

I know my Boerewors misses it more than I do because he was a heavier smoker than I was.  Boerewors was probably on between 15 and 20 ciggies a day.  I was about half of that even on a day when I was smoking a lot!
However, the Boereworsbut has only been smoking for 8 years.  I've been a casual social smoker on and off since I was about 16.  That's over 20 years!  You tell me what is worse...

Yeah, its become a habit...sitting outside on my porch to have a fag and natter, but I decided that the habit has nearly no positives.  Its dirty, stinky and bad for you!

Poisoned lungs by the chemicals, lower oxygen levels in the body, depleting the body of vitamin C, poor immune system, lower bone density, higher chances of getting cancer, heart-disease or  emphysema.

Now I need to find something to make it all easier...

Do I substitute it with something else like chewing gum or sucking a pencil?  How do I keep myself busy and not think of smoking?  What are the triggers that make me want to light one up?

Tell me how you did it.  Now I'm talking about someone who gave up smoking and succeeded.  I'm not talking about how many times you've given up.  The first month is easy its kicking the habit for good that I want the secret recipe to.

A Daft Scots Lass' tip to stop smoking: douse yourself in petrol every day!