Zoe Saldana Does Self

Zoe Saldana Does Self

Zoe Saldana shows off her gorgeous smile on the May 2010 cover of Self magazine.

Here’s what the 31-year-old actress had to share:

On her personal style: “‘Pretty’ is the last word you would think of. Look in my closet and you’ll see things that are elegant, sexy, tomboyish, sophisticated, beautiful, aggressive. It’s harsh. It’s a lot of black. I’ve never really been that feminine.”

On getting dressy for special occasions: “Sometimes you’re sexy confident or you’re aggressive confident. When I’m sexy confident, I always want to wear red pumps. The more disheveled they got, the more I loved them. My mom said, ‘Zoe, honestly, you can wear boots that are worn, but red heels? It just looks wrong.’ But I haven’t thrown them away yet. As long as I’m not out with my mom, I will wear them!”

On her style rule: “You should never feel as if you’re hiding. My stylist [chooses clothes that] complement my personality, my character.”

For more from Zoe, check out Self.com!

Zoe Saldana - Self magazine May 2010 issue
Zoe Saldana - Self magazine pictures Zoe Saldana - Self magazine pictures Zoe Saldana - Self magazine pictures Zoe Saldana - Self magazine pictures